Dear Cross Creek,
It has been quite a month in the life of Cross Creek Church! Here are some of the highlights:
- Several ladies from Cross Creek traveled down to Sarasota for the PCA WOMEN'S CONFERENCE.
- We held our first DISCOVER CROSS CREEK lunch, with over 20 adults (and just as many kids!) in attendance. Every single one of them has expressed a desire to become a member here.
- We had a beautiful MOVIE ON THE LAWN night with popcorn, ice cream, a food truck, a fun movie, and lovely weather.
- A group of adults and teenagers went out for another DOWNTOWN HOMELESS FEEDING in urban Jacksonville.
- We kicked off some new CLASSES: a new Sunday morning class on the Westminster Shorter Catechism, a new Basics of the Faith class for elementary schoolers, and a new Praying Together Women's Bible study (more info here: http://bit.ly/2o8nHds). Our youth group also started a new teaching series called What's the Difference? about how our faith compares to others.
- In our worship services we heard TESTIMONIES of God's faithfulness in the lives of the Ballowe family, the Wagner family, and Chuck McArthur of Equipping Leaders International.
- COVENANT CHILDREN: We celebrated the birth of a new covenant child, Tucker Scott Hall, and the baptism of another, Elle Rylan Doughtry!
- We welcomed several NEW FAMILIES into church membership this past Sunday. What a delight it is when the Lord brings new friends into our community to love, serve, and enjoy life together with!
As we look ahead to April, don't forget that this Saturday, April 1, is the WALK TO DEFEAT ALS. More than just a few-mile trek, this is an opportunity to bring hope to people living with ALS, to raise money for a cure, and to come together for something you care about. Register here to support the Ballowe's Bunch! http://bit.ly/2nwcl04
We would also love for you to RSVP for our MAUNDY THURSDAY dinner/worship night on April 13 at 6:30pm. The dinner is free but we need volunteers to sign up to bring soup and/or bread to share. Children are welcome. I can't wait! Sign up here: http://bit.ly/2ncQTPk
See you Sunday!